Scotty P Israeli Inner Circle mainstay Yoda Jeremy and actress extraordinaire and friend Samadar tied the knot last Tuesday in Jerusalem. It was a really fun party w/some of my closest friends. And the affair was the most extravagent I’ve seen yet in Israel. (The above image is from their wedding invitation – Jeremy drew it !!)
I got a ride w/ the Becker-Barkins, and my friends Leah and Rebecca. The wedding was in a hotel called The Sequoia, which is on a Kibbutz. There wasn’t an exact street address, but I typed the kibbutz addy into Google Maps on my BlackBerry, and it totes got us there!
I’m a little stressed at the moment, so my writing’s gonna suck for the next couple posts. Rather than struggle w/ posting masterpieces, I just wanna get some new stuff up. So, I kind of said all I really need to about this. You get the gist.
OK, a few more things:
- Jeremy’s speech was great. He even gave our table of mostly Ulpan rejects students a shout-out. And I love shout-outs !!!
- Samadar sang a song for Jeremy – Can’t Help Lovin’ Dat Man. She has a beautiful singing voice.
- Samadar’s family is part Yemenite, and there was a lot of, like, Middle Eastern music at the beginning of the party
- This was the first wedding in Israel where we actually danced in a circle and did the hora and stuff (the other two I went to, we didn’t do this for some reason). Is it more of a Diaspora Jewish tradition? (Samadar’s mom is American.)
- The desserts were insane! Like four giant tables of different ones – my faves were this berry/merengue pie and this hot chocolate fondue stuff in a cup
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment