First of all, I just spent the last 2.5 hours procrastinating working meticulously to try and get an image of Sergeant Emma, the focus of same-name Brady Bunch episode from season three. Bradyphiles will remember this is the ep when Alice’s lookalike cousin Emma (a retired Women’s Army Corps Sergeant) looks after the Bradys while Alice takes a vaca. She drives everyone crazy by making them get up @ 6am to do intensive calisthenics.
But enough with the plot synopsis. Basically,
I need my own Sergeant Emma !!!
Now that my mornings have opened up thanks to my break from Ulpan, I’ve got all this time. Time to:
• Write for an hour on G-Fish: the book, the memoir I keep telling everyone is so important for me to write
• Find freelance marketing writing work
• Go running in the park that’s right next door to my apartment
• Go to my gym
• Study just a little Hebrew, so I don’t forget all my verbs while I’m on break from Ulpan
• Do home projects, like buy/put up shelves, a vacuum, lamps, more artwork
So far I’ve accomplished:
• Sleeping late
• Eating lots of granola
• Staring at Facebook, hitting “refresh” a lot and waiting for something good to happen
• Checking number of hits on G-Fish and comments on iGoogledIsrael
• Checking for attention mail on Atraf
• Reading Perez
• Stealing downloading new music
This ends tomorrow.
It’s a new week. (In Israel, the workweek is Sunday-Thursday.) The new plan is to get up at 8am (regardless of previous night’s bedtime; but even 2am would give me 6 hours) and go running before I even realize I am conscious. An easy jog. No more of this trying-to-run-faster-and-burn-more-calories bullshit. I hate that shit. It doesn’t work for me. I’ve always been about the easy jog. I have enough work in my life; if I’m really gonna do it everyday, it’s gotta be enjoyable for me.
Then, after I’ve jogged (and stretched and iced my shins and showered and shaved and hair did and dressed real cute), I’ll brew my coffee and make an omelette. (Enough with the crunchy granola & yogurt concoction. Yeah, it’s easy to make, but it’s even easier to wake up at 4am and make yourself a bowl to eat in bed. Night-eater, here!)
Then, I’ll allow myself 1/2 hour tops on Tweetdeck/Facebook/Perez/NYTimes to sip coffee and “read the paper.”
Then, I will work on G-Fish: The Book pages for at least 1 hour. Then, with the rest of my morning/early afternoon, I’ll do errands, go to the gym or whatevs. (Work begins at 2pm.)
Howzat sound, Emma? Alice?
P.S. I’d like to point out that it’s 5:54 p.m. on Saturday (Israel’s “Sunday”), and I’ve gotten one whole blog post accomplished all day. Yay!
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment