OK, I was getting a little nervous earlier, but now I’m in total excitement mode. Just finished a first draft of a hugely important press release about my company’s launch. Took me five hours, and I’m really proud of it.
As you can see, the running shirt is ready. All my pre-race and race goodies are accounted for. And I have nine people that I already know of planning on cheering me on from the course. There’s:
– my friends Liron & Abi (with sign; not sure yet where they’ll be)
– friends Chris & Evan (ditto, location TBD)
– Kfir, who works at the deli kiosk next door to where I live, at intersection of Ben Yehuda & Arlozorov @ 8 KM mark (Bringing his GF, who’s also making me a sign!)
– Anna from school and her BF @ 30 KM mark
– Dov from school near 40 KM mark
– Leah from school, also near 40 KM mark
– Jean, Elaine & Davey near finish line
Hopefully there’ll be a few surprises in the crowd for me, too.
Today @ Ulpan, Dina talked about me doing the marathon, and also Jeremi, who’s doing the 10K. It was really sweet, and I feel the encouragement of a lot of people in our class, which is really nice.
BTW – yay, I finished my first full week of Ulpan !!!
So, anyway, I’ve eaten pasta (thought not really a huge amount), and I’m about to hit the sack early. But I’m too wound up for sleep yet. I’ll probably watch LOST and the results ep of IDOL before crashing. If Lil doesn’t get voted off, I will…I dunno, but she just better have been voted off already!
Wish me luck! (never was sure if “break a leg” is good etiquette to wish before a ‘thon)
3 Comments so far
Leave a comment